This week was another unanimous vote on Instagram; this time it was for Thundurus! What a race to the finish this one has been – I just spent the whole day getting this one together.
This past week was rather busy at work, so I ended up being too tired to work after hours; all I ended up making was the head base, the ears, and the body base during the week.
I used a lot of unusual methods to get the details down – the first new thing I tried was changing colours in a wavy pattern along the round. Meshing the single crochet and double crochet rounds to fit between each other sort of worked:
For the hind legs and the cloud mane, I pieced them together by combining a new tube next to the previous tube, single crocheting one round, and then decreasing by 6 per round until it closed up. This method produced a nice sharp corner without too much effort.
I love how giant the hands turned out to be! They somehow balance out the big head and long tail, which I originally thought seemed off.
Another method I tried today was stringing through some sphere-like shapes onto the tail base. Beginning with 9 single crochets, there was a hole large enough to string it through. I like it when it all works out!
Here are the results:
Thanks for reading!