This week’s plush is Archen! I was making it while I travelled to Tobomory last week and as usual, it got pretty busy. I also brought a couple pokemon on the trip.
First, we took a look at the farmers market in Owen Sound. I ended up buying quite a few goodies and we ended up chatting with the potter, who made his own glazes! He does a cone 8 fire with porcelain, making these neat bubbling effects. He also gave away his seconds, so I took a super drippy cup along with some purchased bowls. I am such a sucker for goodies.
We hiked up on the Bruce peninsula trail, and found some nice rocky shore. A lot of photos were taken here; I brought out gyarados for a picture. One of the seagulls was intrigued and wondered if it was edible.
There were some neat crevices and grottos; zubat and natu fit in nicely in the rock formation.
I went and climbed down to the large grotto; there was a small area I could squeeze in that lead towards the entrance. I was trying to get closer to the cave pigeons, and I succeeded.
After trekking back from the cave, we went for all you can eat fish n chips. The servers were quite entertaining, and the fish was plentiful. I bought a shirt from them; they screen printed it themselves!
The next day, we went to Inglis falls, which was nearer to Owen Sound. We took the trail way towards the falls, and then we walked back down to the park using the road. After that hike, we made our way back home, ready to sleep.
The whole trip I was at about the same level of progress with Archen; I made the head, body, feet, and attached them together. It traveled around Tobomory, in this form and in my backpack.
Sometime during the trip I made the wings, using the same sort of technique that I used on Ho-oh. I also added the neck ruffles at this point too.
During the week, I touched on more details, like the leg ruffles. They look like cute frills off a pair of bloomers, or like those frilly socks that I used to have as a kid.
I tried yet another quasi-technique where I crocheted a row off a chain of 6, then formed a round with the last 3 crochets off the row. It turned out ok, but I think there might be a cleaner way to transition between a cone to a really thin point.
Finally, after several day’s worth of delay, I have the final result:
Thanks for reading! I’ll be busy again this long weekend, for Canada day.