This week’s plush features hitmontop! If you saw on Instagram, it was a close vote between hitmontop and hitmonlee; eventually someone broke the tie for hitmontop.
This guy turned out a lot faster compared to the last few I recently made. I noticed that I have been making them larger, so with hitmontop, it is back to a smaller frame.
This pokemon is made up of a series of spheres and cones; the head, hands, and tail are all unmodified spheres. The horn and toes are pretty regular cones that I make, beginning with 3 single crochets and increasing by 3 per round.
For the feet, I tried changing colours to get the bottom foot pad; the first attempt wasn’t as smooth, so I fixed it with some stitching. Whenever my colour changes come out jagged, I always end up fixing it with more yarn stitched in, like a loose embroidery.
The second foot I tried offsetting the colour change jog by single crocheting onto the outer edge, between the first and second layer of rounds. It made it a bit smoother, so I might use it again in the future.
My favourite parts to make on hitmontop were the eyebrows. After the formation of the ears, I chained at the end to create strips. I stitched them on to create the 90-degree arches.
Altogether, the body reminds me of bomberman; the limbs just fit the body, and it has enough room to look proportionate. Even upside down looks alright.
Here are the final results:
Thanks for reading!